Search This Blog

Friday, November 4, 2011

Handy Medicine tote



So You Think You Can Sew?

I thought I would enter in this online competition that Mommy by day and crafter by night is hosting. I actually stumbled upon this competition after reading about it in Pleased as Punch blog. So I thank Rachel from the bottom of my heart for enlightening us.



I am an ardent crafter and I love sewing very much. I am a working mother of a two and a half year old son and while I work , both sets of grandparents take turns caring for him. So I do a lot of traveling and needed a bag to take his and my medicines/ creams etc from place to place. I googled a pattern but couldn't find one to my satisfaction and so decided to create one from scratch. This is the result:






This is the inside of the bag. It has a place to slip my son's thermometer in, on the under side of the lid. And a pocket which carries vitamin supplements, Oral Rehydration Solutions etc.


It measures a handy 14cm x 21cm with a height of 21cm. I have been using this for about 6months now and wonder how I ever managed without it.

Hope my creation is crafty enough to enter the competition!






















































































No comments:

Post a Comment