Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Of teddy bears and ribbon roses..





I am writing after a long time. Have been busy with various things including working on some new crafts.



These are some ribbon roses that I made for my niece's party dress. I learnt the method some years back from a local TV program but I also refreshed my memory from a video which was available on the internet at this site: videojug.com






And this is the cake I iced for my son's 1st birthday which was in June. My mother in law made 2 rectangular cakes and I cut them in the shape of this teddy which I got from the Wilton 2010 year book. I used cake mixed with buttercream to mould his facial features. This was pretty exhausting. Took me the good part of one day to finish icing the whole cake. But it was really satisfying to see the results at the end.












And this is the dreamy petticoat that I sewed for my niece to wear under the party dress that I am sewing for her. I got the pattern from http://sugardale.blogspot.com/2008/08/how-to-make-petticoat.html
and
Thank you both Dale and Annette and I hope you see this.

1 comment:

  1. Hello David, I'm so pleased you found this article useful!
    Dhilma

    ReplyDelete