Search This Blog

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Paulo Coelho

This week I discovered Paulo Coelho...All this time he had been there, in my background, putting his wisdom into words....but I failed to see him, to know of him...simply because it wasn;t the right time.

And then, last week, I met this friend on the bus and we got talking...I asked her what books she is reading and she tells me have I read Paulo Coelho...I say no but I've seen his books in the library. She says he writes about spiritual things...and that makes you think...
That same day, I get off the bus and go to the library and find a book written by him. Its called "Brida" . I have been unable to put it down, so to speak...But at times, the things I read in the pages echoe my own thoughts so profoundly that I feel so overwhelmed...that there are other people who thnik like that and that I am not alone...That the Universe/God, whoever is up there has a plan for us, a plan that we do not know of and it is being revealed to us bit by bit...And that if you are well attuned to the ways of the world, you may be able to get a glimpse of how things are going, that a certain thing happened a certain way because there was a reason for it...
In his book, the Magus says to Brida " ...anyone who tries to possess a flower will have to watch its beauty fading. But if you simply look at a flower in a field, you will keep it forever, because the flower is part of the evening and the sunset and the smell of damp earth and the clouds on the horizon. That is what the forest taught me. That you will never be mine, and that is why I will never lose you. You were my hope during my days of loneliness, my anxiety during moments of doubt, my certainty during moments of faith.... knowing that my Soulmate would come one day, I devoted myself to learning the Tradition of the Sun. Knowing that you existed was my one reason for continuing to live"

I looked at Paulo's picture in his book and he looked hike such a wise man. And there was such humility in his eyes...
I'm definitely going to read his other books!

No comments:

Post a Comment